How to maintain your heat pump
Heat pumps provide a great energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling your home. However, did you know that lack of proper maintenance and regular servicing could significantly affect the efficiency and performance of your heat pump? It may also cause problems later down the track and reduce your product’s lifespan.
As a rule of thumb, you should be cleaning out your heat pump’s filter once a month. Over time the build up of dust and debris can clog up the air filter and restrict air flow. Cleaning your filter regularly will ensure that your heat pump operates at optimum efficiency and reduce unnecessary energy consumption.
Removing and cleaning your filter is a relatively easy task that you can do without the help of a technician.
1. Make sure your heat pump is switched off before you begin
2. Remove the front panel of your unit
3. Remove the air filter and clean with a small brush or vaccum with a brush attachment. You may also choose to rinse with lukewarm water. If so, leave in a shaded area to dry or use a soft dry cloth.
4. Slide air filter back into unit and replace the front panel
If you have any issues, get in touch with us and we’d be more than happy to guide you through.
Your heat pump should also be properly serviced every 12 months, as recommended by the Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority (EECA) and all our manufacturers.
A service by one of HPAC's technicians includes:
- Clean and disinfect the systems' coils
- Clean and disinfect drain pipes and condensate pumps if fitted
- Clean air filters
- Check the electrical circuit for the system
- Check for any refrigerant gas leaks
- Check the systems fault diagnostics
- Check temperature readings
- Check the systems general operation
- Check noise levels
- Instruct in any operation and maintenance requirements if necessary
Our technicians are authorised service agents for Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric, Panasonic, Fujitsu, and Hot Water Heat Pump manufactured heat pump systems. If your heat pump is more than 12 months old, talk to us today about booking a service check.